Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and concern for the safety of SPR members and conference participants, the Executive Committee has made the following decision:
The 2020 Annual Meeting of the Society of Psychotherapy Research has been CANCELLED
We wish to recognize the efforts of the Mike Constantino and the local host committee, the University of Massachusetts, and Martin grosse Holtforth and the Program Committee for their fine work!
There are a number of very important issues to keep in mind:
1. All registration fees for the meeting will be refunded in full. Please allow some time for this to take place.
2. The book of abstracts for Amherst will be published so access to the latest research will be available. Accepted presentations, although not presented, can be referenced (see apastyle guidelines).
3. SPR governance will proceed as usual, with the necessary accommodations.
4. Awards will be announced in June, with presentations in 2021 at the conference in Heidelberg.
5. We will have a virtual Business Meeting in June during the time the conference would take place (more about this in the future).
6. Nominations and elections will take place as usual, with nominations from the floor (or by email) during the virtual business meeting.
7. We will be announcing various initiatives to keep our SPR community engaged.
Please let us know if there are additional concerns we should address or questions you have.
See you in Heidelberg!
President, Society for Psychotherapy Research
companies that support us